Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How to display map that user selects region

make a second sheet. Draw the elements of your map using the Freeform shape
found in the autoshapes of the drawing toolbar. Each region should be a
separate shape. Assign a macro to each shape. The macro will then fire
when the shape is clicked . The macro should perform the appropriate
action. You can then display this sheet when necessary.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jack Gur" wrote in message
I want to have an Excel column that would specify a location region. And

make it easier I would like Excel to bring up a map when the user clicks

on
the cell, and then allow the user to click a region on the map which would
then close the map and display the name in the cell. How would I go about
doing something like that? I presume I need a macro. I have a computer
science background, but not in macros.
Thanks!!