Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David David is offline

Default Programatically Changing Hover Labels

Hi Guys...

I've searched everywhere for this information and have tried everything I
can think of, and cannot get it to work. Often when I run upon problems like
this (i.e. those with no solution that I can find), you guys are able to help
me. I hope this is one of those times!

I have a scatterplot chart (X-Y) that I generate programatically for a group
of users.

I'd like the users to be able to ascertain additional information about a
point, should they choose to do so. I experimented with DataLabels, but they
cause the chart to become almost unreadable. What I would like to do, if
possible, is change the text that is displayed when you hover over a data
point (i.e. Series "Bonds", Point "6/1/2027" (6/1/2027,4.5)). I would like to
be able to customize this text to something that i want it to say - that is,
just a string of sorts.

Is this possible?

If not, does anyone have any clever ideas for how I might be able to do this?

Any help, or suggestions, are most appreciated.

Thanks in advance, this group is a god-send.

Regards,

David