Bob Phillips

Are you looking for a formula that will tell you how many days of your total
lunch days should be sandwich days to meet your 4.3% target?

If so, assume that the total days are in A2, then

=A2*4.3%

will give you the answer. But you probably want a whole number of days, so
best to round it,

up , for instance 4.3 goes to 5 as does 4.8, is

=ROUNDUP(A2*4.3%,0)

and down, 4.3 becomes 4 as does 4.8, is

=ROUNDDOWN(A2*4.3%,0)

And welcome to the Microsoft public NGs!

--

HTH

RP

"andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is my very first post. I am a bit nervous because I am unsure if
I am creating this post correctly. Anyways, I need help on a formula
that will do the following:

Lets say that there are 100 Total Lunch days. As part of the 100 Total
Lunch days, there are 10 Sandwich days.

The Sandwich day rate is currently 10%.

The new target Sandwich day rate is 4.3%.

To match the new target Sandwich day rate, I need to figure out the NEW
Total Lunch days and the NEW Sandwich days.
Sandwich Days/Total Lunch days would be 4.3%.

What formula would I use to do this?
I am using excel.

Thanks.