Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David Adamson[_4_] David Adamson[_4_] is offline

Default Help With a Looping Task

Use the Vlookup function to do the work
-------
Sub Button1_Click()
Dim rng As Range
Dim i As Integer

With Worksheets("Data")
Set rng = .Range("a3:b5") 'make as long as you need
End With

For i = 1 To 3 ' how ever many cells there are

With Worksheets("Results") 'assuming the data you want goes to column b and
the lookup value is in Column A'
..Cells(2 + i, 2) = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(.Cells(2 + i, 1),
rng, 2, 1)
End With

Next i

End Sub

"sylink" wrote in message
oups.com...
Am new on macros. I need assistance to successfully loop thru a task.
The task is as follows: I have two long tables on different sheets. I
need to lookup and pick up date from the second table. I attempted
solving it by bringing the tables into one sheet but isnt running
properly.

Dim z As Long
Dim i As Long
z = 2
i = 2
Do While Range("A" & z) < ""
If Range("A" & z).Value = Range("E" & i).Value Then
Range("C" & z).Value = Range("F" & i).Value
z = z + 1
i = 2
Else
i = i + 1