Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default Macro to Merge and Sum Rows

I would recommend to avoid the code and look at pivot tables... They will do
everything you want and a whole pile more...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MrGPeter" wrote:

Hi, I'm a relative newbie to Macros and this is my first posting

I have created a macro which extracts data from other spreadsheets into
one master spreadsheet but I need help to then automatically tidy up the
results

The spreadsheet contains several columns over several hundred rows. The
first few columns of each row contain data e.g. Staff Number, Name etc.
One Column, say Column G, contains a Key No followed by several further
Columns each with a Unique Code e.g. 1400, 1410, 1430. Under one these
Columns there will be a value.

Column A Column B Column G Column H Column I Column K etc
etc
Number Name Key 1400 1410
1430
30000 West 30000ABC 1
30000 West 30000ABC 2
30000 West 30000 1
30000 West 30000ABC
5
30000 West 30000XYZ 6
30000 West 30000 2
30010 North 30010 1
30010 North 30010 1

What I want to happen is for the macro to merge like Keys and total the
values within the respective columns so the end result looks like this

Column A Column B Column G Column H Column I Column K
Number Name Key 1400 1410
1430
30000 West 30000 1 2
30000 West 30000ABC 3