Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vacation's Over Vacation's Over is offline

Default look up for values in the cells

Specific answer was in his book but this link will give you teh approach
look for first space, look for additional spaces
return string following the first or last space

Problem with "von Gristf" type last names

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip079.htm

"filo666" wrote:

Ok, now I have the correct address, but where to look for the information???
I didn't find the text article, please send me the complete adress
TKS

"filo666" wrote:

Hi, I have a program and I want my user be able to look up a famyli name
instead of the whole name, I mean:
A B
Vazques Mota Frnacisco 1
Barrios Medina Alejandro 2
Concepción Báustegui Antonio 3
Andres Gustamante Berenice 4
Medina Arroyos Fernando 5
1. I want that the user put Vazques and returns the number 1 value
2. I think this question is a difficult one, but ¿What about if the user
made a mistake and instead of Vazques he puts Vasques, There could be somehow
the computer find the name???
TIA