Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default How do I create a macro to put "-" between existing numbers?

Why not just do it with a custom format. Select the area you want to modify
and right click. Choose Format Cells. Choose Custom. Type in 000-00-0000...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Steverino" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet containing Social Security numbers. All need to be in
the format ###-##-####. How do I create a macro to do this on a cell that
has the format #########?

So far what I get is that the macro changes the SS# to be the same as the
one I changed when creating the macrol.