Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BEEJAY BEEJAY is offline

Default Incremental Numbering: Compile Error - Variable not defined

Using Excel 2003
After weeks of researching and studying my books and various groups, I
decided I had to start from scratch so I could understand what was happening.
The following is my feeble attempt, so far. I'm getting stuck on the above
problem.
Even after going thru help files, etc., I can't determine exactly what I'm
missing or over-looking. My various books, etc., advise that it is wise to
start my code with "option Explicit". I think that is what is now stopping me
in my tracks.
If someone would be willing to work the code thru with me, it would be
greatly appreciated.
The Warning comes up on code line 7, =x1Values,

Option Explicit

' The VB Code is in Module 11 of the "XXXXX" Menu Add-In.
' Upon completion of project, the SeqNum will be actived from this Add-In
Menu.
' The Menu Sub-Item will read: Insert QUOTE #.

' Contract_Page1 is representative of Sheet #1 of each of the 12 workbooks
' that the Saleman works with.
' The Contract Number is to be put INTO Cell C5 of Sheet #1 of each/any
' of the Contracts - Whichever is being worked on at the time

' The "QCNUM.XLS", the Number Master Workbook, will be sent to each saleman
' to be installed in exactly the same path, on each computer, namely:
' C:\Excel Add_Ins\QCNUM.xls

Sub SeqNum()

'Open Workbook C:\Excel Add_Ins\QCNUM.XLS
Workbooks("C:\Excel Add_Ins\QCNUM.XLS").Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate

'Copy Cell H6 of QCNUM.xls
Range("F6").Select
Selection.Copy

'Paste into Open Contract Worksheet, Cell C5
'(The activeworkbook is the book that calls in the Add-In Workbook
' but under current conditions, I don't think this qualifies as being
' the active workbook)

ActiveWorkbook.Activate
Range("C5").Select

'PROBLEM LINE IS NEXT:
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=x1Values, Operation:=x1None, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

ActiveWorkbook.Save

GoTo Workbooks("C:\Excel Add_Ins\QCNUM.XLS").Worksheets("Sheet1")

'Copy Cell H4 of QCNUM.xls - Paste to Cell H3 of QCNUM.xls
'This copies the most recent used number into the "starting number" cell,
'which then makes cell H4 increment by 1

Range("F4").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("F3").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=x1Values, Operation:=x1None, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

'Save QCNUM.xls
FileSave ("C:\Excel Add_Ins\QCNUM.xls")

' Exit QCNUM.xls