Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Writing values to worksheet from array

Bernie,
Just for information:
cdate will convert the string in accordance with regional settings.

Datevalue won't as I recollect - so, seems to me, your solution would still
produce the wrong result with the ambiguous date string 10/08/2005
Then maybe I am missing something
Tom Ogilvy

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
You should be aware that all VBA uses US-style dates (mm/dd/yyyy, not

dd/mm/yyyy), no matter what
your settings.

You can switch the day and month like so:

Dim myDate As String
myDate = "8/11/2005"
array(index1, index2) = _
DateValue(Day(DateValue(myDate)) & "/" & _
Month(DateValue(myDate)) & "/" & _
Year(DateValue(myDate)))

MyCell.Value = array(index1, index2)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"interstellar" wrote in message
Hi

I have a simple!?!? piece of code which grabs data from a 2d array:

MyCell.value=array(index1,index2)

The problem occurs when there's a data - Excel seems to flip the day and
month.

eg where array(index1,index2)="10/08/2005"

MyCell.value="08/10/2005"

I've tried reading the value to a string - the same happens, formatting

the
string - the same happens, reading the value to a date -the same

happens,
formatting the date - the same happens.

Where am I going wrong?