Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Running a Script upon Saving a File

Start out by looking at Chip Pearson's page on events

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/events.htm

Looks like you would be interested in the workbook level Change event and
the BeforeSave event.

Tom Ogilvy

"Michael" wrote in message
I was wondering if someone can help me.

I am trying to help a friend with a project he is working on. He is using
excel to store and manage simple inventory data. (He won't use Access.) He
wants to keep track of who/when someone makes changing to the file and

saves
it. So, he asked me to write a script to do this for him.

Let say I make a change to the data contained in the worksheets and then
save the file. He would like a script to be run that would ask for a name

and
store that information along with the date stored in the worksheet that

was
changed.

Unfortunately, its been a while since I last wrote anything in Visual

Basic.
I also do not know if you can do such a thing when someone saves a file.

The only thing I can think of is to have a macro on each sheet and have

them
click it whenever they change something. Is there a better way?

I would appreciate any assistance or advice anyone would like to offer.

Thanks,

-Michael