C Tate

Hmm ... this seems to work if the number is over 8 hours but not if it's
under. Am I doing something wrong?

"Niek Otten" wrote:

=A8-(8/24)

Format as time

Make sure cell A8 is entered as real Excel time, not just a number

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"C Tate" wrote in message
I am trying to work out some times in Excel. If the figure in, say cell A8,
is over 8 hours I want a formula which tells me by how much I'm over. If
it's
under 8 hours I want the formula to tell me by how much I am under. Any
help
would be appreciated.
PS: Usually I am just over under or over by several minutes. However my
formula must be able to accommodate the fact that do sometimes go an hour
or
more over.