Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard Buttrey Richard Buttrey is offline

Default Run macro but let user update spreadsheet while it runs

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:41:01 -0700, "Ev"
wrote:

Could you record the times the macro starts and stops and adjust your
elapsed time cells accordingly to take account of this?

Rgds

I'm writing a navigation simulator. The macro contantly updates the
simulated postion but needs to allow the user to update cells that contain
data such as heading and speed that the macro uses. I'd rather not require
the user to stop and restart the macro if possible since the calculations all
require elapsed time e.g. distance = rate * time.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

You can't. Give us a little more info and we can probably help you to
accomplish what you want though...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Ev" wrote:

How can I run an Excel macro but let the user update the spreadsheet while
the macro is running?

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK