Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default Confusion with security

You may want to check out the book Professional Excel Development by
Bullen, Bovey, and Green. After reading its chapter on the subject,
I've decided to use managed add-ins only in limited cases.

You may also want to search msdn.microsoft.com on the subject.
Included in the hits I got for the keywords 'deploy vsto' (w/o the
quotes):

Lab 5: Deploying Office Documents that Use Managed Code Extensions
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...l=/library/en-
us/odc_vsto2003_tr/html/odc_VSTMGBLab5.asp

and
Information about designing Office XP add-ins and Office 2003 add-ins
by using the .NET Framework
#XSLTH3140121122120121120120

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Background: I'm a ASP.net programmer. I've done a bit of win form stuff. A
single VBA access project. I've now got a new project which I'm determined to
do using .net.

I've installed the office VS add-in and can create a new project
successfully. This is where it all starts to fail. If I then debug the
project the excel file loads and disappears almost as quick. If I open up the
excel workbook on its own I get and error about the .net security policy not
being permitted.

Where do I go from here?

When I deploy this project to my client, what security issues may I face and
how do I work with them?