Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default How to make chart embedded in active sheet?

When I record making a chart embedded in the sheet I get this:

Charts.Add
ActiveChart.ChartType = xlColumnClustered
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("testsheet"). _
Range("J3:K14"), PlotBy:=xlColumns
ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:= _
"testsheet"

But this doesn't work as it falls over at the line where the location is
set:

Set objChart = Charts.Add

With objChart
.Location xlLocationAsObject, strName
.ChartType = xlColumnClustered
.SetSourceData _
Source:=rngRange, _
PlotBy:=xlColumns
End With

The error will be:
runtime error 1004, method location of object chart failed.
A chart has already been made, but not this is a chart in a new chartsheet
and I don't want that.
How should this be done?

RBS