Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
leung747 leung747 is offline

Default Date Format

Hi Sebastienm,

You suggestion worked like a charm. Thank you very much for your
assistance. To satisfy your curiousity, I have to use the following line
codes to make it work:
Dim Sessions As Object
Dim System As Object
Dim MyScreen As Object
Dim Sess As Object
Set System = CreateObject ("Extra.System")
Dim Sess0 As Object
Set Sess0 = System.ActiveSession
Set MyScreen = Sess0.Screen.

Not sure if I need all or what each one does, but that's how it works. Once
again, thank you for your assistance in resolving my problem.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Ed

"sebastienm" wrote:

I would use the Text property of the range instead of the Value. The Value is
the internal value (visible in the address bar... most of the time) which may
or may not be a string, while the Text is the string being seen in the cell.
S_Date = ActiveSheet.Cells((Row - 1), 2).Text

By curiousity, what library are you using? What is type of object is MyScreen?
Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com

"leung747" wrote:

Hi Sebastien,

Thank you for your quick response and great interest in resolving my
problem. The following is the code from my macro to transfer the data in the
cell to our mainframe session.

S_Date = ActiveSheet.Cells((Row - 1), 2).Value 'Start Date
MyScreen.PutString S_Date, 8, 44

I will try your suggestion and will let you know of my results. thanks! Ed