Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gaba gaba is offline

Default Save As selection in Active Sheet

Dave, Thanks for your answer. I was looking to do it through code, just one
click...
So far, I got this working.
I was curious to see if there was a way to save just the selection.

Sub SaveFile_As()

'Save Filename As
'needs to copy all information to new workbook, close this one without
saving = READ ONLY

Dim NewName As Variant

NameAk = "e1 Temperature Log" & ".xls"
NewName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename( _
InitialFileName:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & _
NameAk, FileFilter:="Excel Workbooks (*.xls), *.xls")

If NewName < False Then
If Dir(NewName) < "" Then
Select Case MsgBox("File Exists. Overwrite ?", vbYesNoCancel +
vbQuestion)
Case vbYes
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=NewName,
FileFormat:=xlWorkbookNormal
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Case vbNo
Do
NewName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename( _
InitialFileName:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & _
NameAk, FileFilter:="Excel Workbooks (*.xls), *.xls")
If NewName = False Then Exit Sub
Loop Until Dir(NewName) = ""
ActiveSheet.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=NewName,
FileFormat:=xlWorkbookNormal
Case Else
Exit Sub
End Select
Else
ActiveSheet.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=NewName, FileFormat:=xlWorkbookNormal

Range("A2").Select

gaba :)

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Create a new workbook (with a single sheet???).

Copy the range to that new workbook's sheet.
Save that new workbook.

gaba wrote:

Hi,
I need to Save As a new file only a selected range (it changes all the
time), right now it saves the whole sheet. How can I save only the selection?
Thanks in advance
--
gaba :)

--