Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pivot Table/Query  Pivot Table/Query is offline

Default VLOOKUP 2 CELLS

That sounds good, but I've been told that vlookups only look at the first row
that matches your lookup field. If I have multiple rows with the same ID#,
will it look at each of those rows for the data?

"Wolf" wrote:

You may include an additional column in your table and put in the formula e.g.
= B2&E2.
In the vlookup-formula you have to put in the lookup-value in the same way,
concatonating "person id#" and "address".

Wolf

" Pivot Table/Query" wrote:

I have rows of data that contain the following
column data
b person id#
e address
p date moved in

there are possibly multiple rows of data for each person's id, if they have
moved more than once. I need to do a vlookup to look at a person's id#, &
address & bring back that move in date. How do I accomplish this?