Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Question about intervals and results

Range("A1").Value = "'7-19"
Range("A2").Value = "'7-19,81-90"
Range("B1:B2").Formula = "=-Sum(" & Range("A1").Text & ")"

Tom Ogilvy

"Steve" wrote in message
Hey, I'm having these (hopefully simple problems) with writing in page

numbers:
(I also posted this in the newbie section, but maybe it fits better here?)

1. I want to write ex. 7-19 in a cell -
Then in another cell I want excel to give the result of the interval of,
here 12.

2. Now, if that's possible, I also want to ask this:
In one cell i want to write 2 or more different interval, ex
7-19, 81-90.

Can I make excel understand what I'm writing somehow? And get the result

of
these intervals in another cell, here 21 (12+9)

Any help will be extremely appreciated - thanks in advance, steve.