Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PraxisPete PraxisPete is offline

Default DLL Entry Points

Hi DM Unseen

I am a bit out of my depth with this but trying my best. I believe that it
a VB dll implementing a COM/ActiveX component, I have tried putting the
reference as you said and change the procedure to Public, but the same error.

Want I what to do is write my procedures in VB6 and be able to write a bit
of VBA code to call them. Is there a better way I could go about it?

Many thanks

"DM Unseen" wrote:

Is this a VB dll that is actually implementing a COM/ActiveX component?

Those are not real WInAPI DLL's but ActiveX DLL's. You cannot access
them through a declare, you need to add a reference to them!

VBA editor(ALT-F11) Tools-references-browse- select dll

BTW functions need to be public in VB to be visible as methods in VBA!

DM Unseen