Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
William Benson[_2_] William Benson[_2_] is offline

Default Problem with Hidden Worksheet

Right-O ... and with Application.ScreenUpdating set to false, who's the
wiser ;-)

"T-Žex" wrote in message

Hi Shatin! Some things can't be done to a hidden sheet (e.g. selecting).
:( If you really have to manipulate the hidden sheet, maybe you can
unhide it, then hide it again after.

TheHiddenSheet.Visible = xlSheetVisible

'do your stuff here...

TheHiddenSheet.Visible = xlSheetHidden

Shatin Wrote:
Thanks for reply, Vasant. The problem is the macro is a long one with a
few
QueryTables. So I am a bit at a loss as to what to do if I can't select
the
worksheet first and instead have to add Worksheets(sht & i) all over
the
place.

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn AT aol DOT com wrote in message
You can't select a hidden worksheet, but you can work with it. Just

forget
about the Select stuff and do whatever you need to do; e.g.:

Worksheets(sht & i).Range("A1").Copy

--

Vasant

"Shatin" wrote in message
I have a macro which depends on getting the name of a worksheet:

Worksheets(sht & i).Select

where sht is a string and i an integer.

This macro runs fine when the worksheet selected is visible.

However,
should
I change the visible status to "xlSheetHidden", the worksheet

doesn't
work
anymore. Is there anyway to make the macro work even when the

worksheet
is
hidden?

TIA.