Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas[_2_] Gary Keramidas[_2_] is offline

Default Modify the last active row

this will get you the last row in column A
Option Explicit
Dim LastRow As Long

Sub Macro2()
LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
MsgBox LastRow
End Sub

then just use the lastrow variable in your procedure

--

Gary

"Janet H" wrote in message
This macro (see below) works well for what I want to do however, it only
works on the first row. I need to make it work on the last active row -
whatever row that may be.

Here's what I'm trying to do - the user completes the row of the worksheet
and if they want the calculated amount to be discounted (20%), they click
the
appropriate button. The originally calculated amount is replaced by the
discounted amount and a new line is created with the appropriate codes and
the discount. (The two lines together equal the original amount.)

I don't know how to tell it to use the last active row.

BTW - I'm really pushing the envelope of my little bit of programming
knowledge as I"m a newbie.

Thanks much.

ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Range("A24").Copy Range("A25")
Range("C24:G24").Copy Range("C25")
Range("H25").Value = 0
Range("I25").Value = 0
Range("J24").Copy
Range("M22").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Range("N22").Formula = "=M22*0.2"
Range("N22").Copy
Range("J25").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Range("o22").Formula = "=M22*0.8"
Range("o22").Copy
Range("j24").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Range("k24").Value = "Reduced" & Chr(10) & "for Atty"
Range("k25").Value = "Atty Fees"
Range("a26").Select
ActiveSheet.Protect

(M, N & O22 are holding cells for calcs. They don't change and can be
overridden each time the macro is run)