Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Sort a row of strings, some containing blanks

Bruno,
We are looking at different ends of the elephant.
When KobusD gets done, the columns will be in different positions.
I call that sorting columns.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA,

"Bruno Campanini"

wrote in message

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
K,
For some reason known only to Microsoft and maybe not even them,
using the Orientation constants requires you to be in a different
universe...

xlLeftToRight = 2
xlTopToBottom = 1
while...
xlSortRows = 2
xlSortColumns = 1

Sorting columns, requires a constant with a value of 2.

What's wrong Jim?
KobusD wanted to sort on [B18:AY18] which is a row
not a column, then Orientation:=xlSortRows.
Why then xlSortRows and not xlSortRow?
I guess because xlSortRows is also applicable to matrices,
not only vectors.

"For some reason known only to Microsoft and maybe not even them, "
I agree with you many times it happens to be true.
But I think this is not the case.

Regards
Bruno