navneetjn

Default VLookup for multiple values!!

Hello friends my second thread, is related to the first one.

Sheet1 is named "header" Sheet2 is named "detail". The sheet "header"
has 8 columns, 1200 rows (all unique), and detail has 6 columns and
29000 rows (with duplicates). The records in sheet "header" A2:A1200

are unique. Data in each sheet starts in Row 2, with row 1 being the
headers for the data.

I used the following formula in the "header" sheet at cell location I2
=VLOOKUP(A2,DETAIL!$A$2:$F$29497,5,FALSE)
and pulled this formula across 1200 records in sheet "header" to show
the data corresponding to A2 in the range $A$1:$F29497 for the 5th
column.

The problem I am facing is
The second sheet column E I am looking up has different enteries for a
single value of A. How can I display all of those values for each
unique value of A of sheet "detail"?
e.g.
Sheet "Header" column A
169255
169226
169247
169248
Sheet "Detail" column A and E
--- A ------ E --
169255 U409A
169255 J237A
169226 J103A
169226 D303A
169226 6108B
169226 1102A
169248 1102A
169248 7862A

Thanks in advance to all of you who take out time to help out other
users.
Navneet

--
navneetjn