Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Mark is offline

Default Trouble getting Unique Dates from Range

That certainly works, but not it's returning all of the dates in as unformated.

The difficulty is that I have this procedure evaluating a number of columns,
some have dates, others do not... how can I have items that were originally
dates return as dates.

"okaizawa" wrote:

Hi,

try this:

Dim UniqueList() As Variant

'...

UniqueList(counter) = cCell.Value2

the Match function (most other functions also) seems to convert a Date
type value to a text and compare with it. so any date and number get no
match in a vb array of date.

--
HTH,

okaizawa

Mark wrote:
The following code does a great job at pulling unique values from a range and
making them part of a list box. However, it cannot do date. For some
reason, it pulls every single date value. I have checked, and the dates, in
long form, are all set at 12:00pm, so it is not a fact of the times being
different. Any ideas?

Set rng = .Range(.Cells(2, MyI), .Cells(2 ^ 16, MyI).End(xlUp))

For Each cCell In rng
If cCell < "" Then
If IsError(Application.Match(cCell, UniqueList, 0)) Then
ReDim Preserve UniqueList(0 To counter)
UniqueList(counter) = cCell
counter = counter + 1
Next cCell