Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] cfatz1@gmail.com is offline

Default Open all files in folder automatically using VBA

Thanks for the help William....I appreciate it!

I do have one problem with the code. I am getting a "Run-time error
'9': Subscript out of range" error when I try to run this code. Here
is the code:

Sub openfilesInALocation()
Dim i As Integer, wb As Workbook
With Application.FileSearch
..NewSearch
..LookIn = "C:\Documents and Settings\chrisf\My Documents\vbatest"
..SearchSubFolders = False
..Filename = "*.xls"
..Execute
For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
'Open each workbook
Set wb = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=.FoundFiles(i))
'Perform the operation on the open workbook

----------- Errors on the following line:

wb.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1").Select

'Save and close the workbook
wb.Save
wb.Close
'On to the next workbook
Next i
End With
End Sub

If anyone can solve this for me I would appreciate the help!

-Chris