Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
silvest[_22_] silvest[_22_] is offline

Default How to import a .csv file?

Hi there,

I was wondering what I did wrongly.
I wanna run a loop so that it'll import all the .csv files ont
different sheets in a workbook.

What i did is, I put a list of "names" in column A of sheet1, and tol
it to import the files with the SAME "names" from a specific folder
say "c:\comics" . However, I keep getting this error:

RUN-TIME ERROR '1004':
EXCEL CANNOT FIND THE TEXT FILE TO REFRESH THIS EXTERNAL DATA RANGE.
CHECK TO MAKE SURE THE TEXT FILE HAS NOT BEEN MOVED OR RENAMED, THE
TRY THE REFRESH AGAIN

Here's the thing i did:

Dim count As Integer
Dim nama() As String
Dim j As Integer

count = Selection.Rows.count 'counting number of rows with names i
them
ReDim nama(1 To count) 'specifying number of names to count above

For j = 1 To count Step 1

nama(j) = Range("sheet1!A2").Offset(j - 1, 0) 'Assigning names t
variables "nama(j)" from column A of sheet 1

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add("TEXT;C:\Comics\" & nama(j)
".csv" _
, Destination:=Range("A1"))
.TextFileTrailingMinusNumbers = True
*.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False*

SO when I run it, it fails.. however, if I change the last line to

With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add("TEXT;C:\Comics\Comic1 .csv" _
, Destination:=Range("A1"))

instead of nama(j), it'll run fine... Except that it'll just open 10
new sheets filled with comic1's data.

Any help is appreciated. THanks in advance

--
silves
silvest's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1466