Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] manohar.shankar@gmail.com is offline

Default unique id for excel cell/range objects

thanks again for the reply.

The problem as I already told is that the name of the cell itself
changes once you move the cell to the next column

eg., if the cell is in first row and first column, the call cell.Name
returns "$A$1"
but as soon I insert a column in the beginning the cell.Name returns
"$B$1"

Its not allowing me to change the name either.

I am not an experienced Excel user so, if you feel I am pestering with
a pretty basic question, please bear with me.

Can you give me an example of how to set the name for a cell and row so
that I can use it as a unique id.

thanks again