Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GSpline GSpline is offline

Default Trouble with RANDBETWEEN

Could we say that if we wanted to write out the rule for performing this
particular type of calculation, that if we wanted to generate a random number
(MyValue) between two other numbers (x, y) and yx :
MyValue = Int( ( ( (y-x)+1)*RND() ) + (x-1) )

This should work for most positive random numbers that we wish to find
random numbers between, right?

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Modify Ian's code slightly:

MyValue = Int(3 * RND()) + 9

In article ,
"GSpline" wrote:

Thanks for the info, Ian. I am not having much luck with this particular
question in the online help. What you posted is close to what I am looking
for, but I am needing the random value to be between two numbers other than
1, for example a random number between 9 and 11. I will keep plugging away,
it looks like this gives me a starting point now.