Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray A Ray A is offline

Default Need a formula that will calculate a cell of text.

an option
=count(A1:A10)
Range is equal to category
HTH

"Dixie" wrote:

I am creating a tracking worksheet of employees. I want to have a cell next
to their name(s) that automatically enters a value of 1. Then I can have a
sum at the end of the list that tells me how many individuals I have in a
particular category. Regardless of what text is in the cell I want the
result to calculate 1. I found a formula that counts words in a cell, but I
always want it to be 1. Is this possible?