Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GSpline GSpline is offline

Default Trouble with RANDBETWEEN

Thanks for the info, Ian. I am not having much luck with this particular
question in the online help. What you posted is close to what I am looking
for, but I am needing the random value to be between two numbers other than
1, for example a random number between 9 and 11. I will keep plugging away,
it looks like this gives me a starting point now.

GSpline
"Ian" wrote:

From Excel online help

MyValue = Int((6 * Rnd) + 1) ' Generate random value between 1 and 6.

--
Ian
--
"GSpline" wrote in message
How would I go about calculating random numbers using a low and high
number
boundary? I found the RANDBETWEEN function and this is apparently exactly
what I am looking for, but it does not seem to work in VBA. I am very new
VBA and any suggestions would be welcome.