Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] manohar.shankar@gmail.com is offline

Default unique id for excel cell/range objects

Thank you very much for the quick response.

The solution above doesn't work for me because, A1, A2 etc are not
unique for cells and they change if you move around the columns as
explained below.

If you insert a new column into the sheet ie., select the column A, by
clicking on "A" and then right click and "Insert", you get a
completely new column which is A1, A2. The cells in A1, A2 now become
B1, B2.

I want to store something hidden in the cell which I can use for my
calculations.

Thanks again