Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DaveO DaveO is offline

Default User-changeable paths into Excel - avoid hard coding

My suggestion would be to create publis constants.

Eg...

Option Explicit

Public Const cstMyPath as String = Range("MY_Path").Value

This would be how I'd do it, or else create a message box for them to enter
it in. Either way works.

HTH.

"gearoi" wrote:

Hello all,

I want to enable my non-VBA friendly users to be able to change the
paths that various files are pulled from / saved to via Excel.

At the moment the paths are hard coded - they are of the non-geeky
variety (unlike me ;) ) and do NOT want to go into the VBA to change
them.

So I have made a table in Excel for them to enter the paths.

My project has many, many modules and subroutines. I can't declare and
set the variables to the path names once, as I'd have to do it in each
sub/module.

SO my question is - is there a way of making global constants which are
set up from stuff in the excel sheet (e.g. range("mypath").value )?

Or maybe there is a better way...?

Thanks for your help.

Brgds,
Graham