Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Number variable loses format on write

None from me.

But you never said what the numbers were!

Halray wrote:

Dave,

I've been away, but now that I check what you say I do not have that option
checked. Any more ideas?
--
Ray

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

One more guess.

If the cell is formatted to show 2 decimals and you have
Tools|Options|calculation tab|precision as displayed checked, it could cause
what you describe.

With ActiveCell
.NumberFormat = "0.00"
.Value = "1234.1234"
MsgBox .Value
End With

Halray wrote:

Two decimal places are displayed in the formula bar. In the debugger the
varibale has four decimal places.

--
Ray

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you look in the formulabar, do you see all 4 decimals?

If yes, try widening the column.

If no, what value do you see in the debugger and what value do you see in the
formulabar?

Halray wrote:

Have have a varibale declared as a double, read a number into it from a file.
THe variable is indicated with four decimal places when viewed in the
debugger. When I write the variable out to Excel using the following the
number gets truncated to two decimal places:

With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Dump Area")
.Cells(RowNumber, 2) = AreaCounts

Anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem?

Thanks !

--
Ray

--