Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Replacing subtotal with a formula

I am not clear what it is to be subtotalled. If it is the values in I,J,K &
L over customer number, then you could try this in the K subtotal

=SUM(INDIRECT("K"&MAX((A1:A4<"")*ROW(A1:A4))&":K" &ROW()-1))#

which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

Adjust the others for column.

--

HTH

RP

"iltheas" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yup, in this case, the result is the same, but if the subtotal is not a
formula, if I were to edit any of the figure, I would have to
recalculate the subtotal. The example is only showing 4 records, while
the actual file may show thousands of records.