Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Ignore Other Applications" setting

Short version: Is there a registry setting for the "Ignore Other
Applications" setting?

Long version: Many people here have problems opening Excel files that are
remedied by:

1. Opening Excel, and clicking on 'Tools | Options... | General' tab.
2. Uncheck "Ignore Other Applications".

I also know this property can be set in Excel VBA:

Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests = False

However, there are a LOT of computers that seem to have this problem.

I figured that if this is being stored in a registry entry somewhere, I
can remotely connect to the user's registry, and set the value to false from
there, instead of having to run around to 100+ PC's, and repeat the processes
listed here.

Any ideas? Thanks!