Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John John is offline

Default copy and paste error

I see... thanks to both of you.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is this in a general module?

I'm guessing yes.

this line:
Sheets("dump").Cells("A2").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
should be:
Sheets("dump").Range("A2").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
(replace .cells() with .range().)

But when I ran your code, this line:
Selection.ClearContents

Cleared the clipboard for me. That meant that there was nothing to paste.

You could rearrange your code so that it clears the contents before it does the
copy.

If this code is behind a worksheet module, then more needs to be done.

John wrote:

Could someone help me with why I get an error when I run this simple code to
copy and paste... THANKS!

Sheets("DATA").Select
Range("A2").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("dump").Select
Range("A2").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Selection.ClearContents
Sheets("dump").Cells("A2").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
Range("A2").Select

Dave Peterson