Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default NFL schedule, pivot tables, and validation...

The points are being counted, instead of summed. To change this:

Right-click on the Points heading in the pivot table,
and choose Field Settings.
From the Summarize By list, select Sum
Click OK

To create a dropdown list of choices, you can use data validation:

Select cells I2:J257
Choose DataValidation
From the Allow dropdown, select List
In the Source box, type: =$B2:$C2
Click OK

Now, select any cell in that range, and it will have a dropdown list
with the team names.

jacob wrote:
Debra,

Thanks for the quick reply. This is what I've found. I put in the above
instructions but it doesn't work. I picked the first 2 games correctly,
resulting in "1", netting me a grand total of 2 points. Then i entered
an incorrect pick, netting a zero under points on the Weekly Data
Sheet, but on the pivot table it showed a "1" under the newly created
points column, giving me 3 points, which isn't correct. What did I do
wrong?

Also, is there any simple way to create the I column under Weekly Data
sheet a choice between the two teams instead of typing it in each time?
Thanks!!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List