Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
T-容x[_36_] T-容x[_36_] is offline

Default Track Sheet Name Changes... Help!

Yes, you're right... I am concerned w/ the user changing the sheet ta
name.
I know I can refer to the sheets using their codenames in VBA
Unfortunately, that won't work in my situation as users may add/delet
sheet(s).

In the prog I'm making, there are "special" sheets that I have to kee
track of. The names of these sheets are stored in a hidde
(xlVeryHidden) sheet. The prob is when users change the tab names, th
original tab names stored in the hidden sheet would now NOT coincid
with the new names.

My first approach to remedy this was to protect the workbook and onl
allow the users to change the tab names using a custom form and code
The problem is, other actions that are normally allowed in a
unprotected workbook are now disabled, e.g. rearranging sheets, etc..
My code is getting more and more complex and I think protecting th
workbook is not a very good idea... :(

Nigel Wrote:
I suspect you are concerned with the user changing the sheet tab nam
that
maybe used in your code? I always use the codename for the worksheet
that
way the user can change tabs and it does not affect the code. You ca
only
set the codename in the VBA editor or through VBA code itself.

If this is not the problem, then the only way I can think of, is t
store
the sheet name on each sheet (perhpas a hidden location) and test the
current name against that ?

--
Cheers
Nigel

"T-容x" wrote i
message

Hi! Is there an event or a way to determine if a sheet's name ha

been
changed by the user?

--
T-容x