Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Cannot lock project

Hi Tom,

You mentioned that you had changed versions of Excel in you testing. I
notice file size changes in different versions of excel. I assume you

have
eliminated this as a possible cause.

I don't think I mentioned I had changed versions of Excel in my testing so
you must be pyschic!

I develop and test in multiple versions but go back and save changes in
XL97. On this occasion I had saved in XL2K's VBE purely for locking, no
intention to further develop this file.

I have only ever noticed small differences in file size when saving this
particular project in different versions. Possibily because whilst there is
some data there are only a handful of worksheet formulas, minimal cell
formats. It is mainly VBA. With all code removed less than 100Kb in all
versions.

another thought is if you are comparing protected to unprotected.

In the particular case leading to this post and the lock problem, the file
had been cleaned & saved in XL97, then a copy locked and saved in XL2K.
Difference in file size was trivial.

Thanks for your input,
Peter T