Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matilda Matilda is offline

Default Returning to last cell in a do until loop

Thanks, Ron!

A picture of my data:

Column A SearchColumn DestColumn

Mary E Mary
Joan LD
Peter N
Alex E Alex
Eddie D

I want to loop down SearchColumn until I find a certain value (eg "E"), then
take the value from the offset -1 cell and write it to DestColumn.
I then want to resume search at last valid cell in SearchColumn and repeat
the process.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Matilda

In which cell do you want to copy every value you find in the column
I will make a example for you if you give me this information

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Matilda" wrote in message ...
Dear Undisguised Angels,
I am wanting to loop through a column looking for a value, then write that
value to another cell, then return to the column to continue the search to
the end. I can get to the target cell, but how can I return to the last
"true" cell before continuing the loop?

I'm trying a for....next loop but I'm afraid the syntax is eluding me.

Any help appreciated