Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Differebnce betwen VB and VB,.net

I once owned an LOL car, Japanese, IIRC <vbg. It got miserable mileage, so I
sold it.

Tom Ogilvy wrote:

I think you were being vicious and trying to set someone up :~{

LOL

Tom Ogilvy

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
IIRC = If I recall correctly.

(Unless, you were making a joke. Please say it was a joke that I didn't

get.
Please!!!)

Jim Thomlinson wrote:

I knew avbout the Autocad thing but I did not know about IIRC.

Interesting...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I believe that MS licensed VBA to others--IIRC, AutoCad uses VBA, too.

Jim Thomlinson wrote:

Both VB and VB.net are stand alone applications which can create

precompiled
executable files (don't need Excel or any other program to run). VBA

is a
subset of VB6. It only works in conjuction with Office. VB.Net is

the
latestest version of Visual Basic. Essentially it is VB7. There are

more
differences between VB6 and VB.net than can be discussed on this

form. In a
nut shell VB.net is designed to work better with the other MS

developement
applications like C# and C++, as they all compile to similar source

code.
This means that VB6 code needs to be modified to complie under

VB.net (no
more changing the option base, error handling is drastically

changed, every
project must have a "Main" procedure...). Also VB.net is truely

object
oriented while VB6 is not (a little bit but not completely).

As Tom mentioned VB6 and VB.net can be purchased stand alone or as

part of
the MS Developer Suite (The same way you can purchase just Excel or

you can
purchase the entire office suite).
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"filo666" wrote:

Vould someone explainds me what's the difference betwen VB (the

one of
office) and VB.net, and if them are different programmes, where I

can find
(buy or download) the .net version, also I'ld like to know if I

can use VB
without oppening any office program (excel, word or acces)
TIA

--

Dave Peterson

--