Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kola5567[_8_] kola5567[_8_] is offline

Default cell contents

What happens in the program file I have is this: data is collecte
about about defects on a part. Each defect is assigned a descriptio
and a location. For example Dent in grid location A01. This data i
then sorted and counts all the defects found in each location. Thi
count is then displayed on a picture of the part showing how man
defects were found in each location. What I want to do is be able t
select a specific location such as A01 and see how many of each defec
was written up in that location like 5 dents, 2 scratches, etc. What
was thinking of doing was allowing someone to simply select the cel
they want and click a button that would tally up the information. Thi
is because the cell refrences another sheet with the information I want
With all the ways the information can be grided, there are over 100
total cell locations so writing a program that say if A01 is selecte
do this, if A02 is selected do this would be impossible. If I ca
refer to the formula already in the cell they select, I can tell i
refer to the cell I want in the formula and it will be very easy.
Another possibility is to have a dialog box come up where someone coul
select say "full part grid" and location "A01". I don't know how to d
this with the dialog box though and then hav ewhat they select in th
box feed into the program

--
kola556
kola5567's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2461