Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
-JEFF-[_2_] -JEFF-[_2_] is offline

Default Variable as name of object does not work - Why?

I actually have several thousand. I have 16 option buttons on each row set
up into three groups. Do you know if I can use a For Each loop?
-JEFF-

"Alok" wrote:

Unfortunately, this will not work because VBA sees the variable MyOB as a
string variable and not as an object variable.

If you are using 200 option buttons you have to write out 200 statements to
change the values.

Alok

"-JEFF-" wrote:

While trying to make changes to a large number of option buttons on a sheet,
I want to increment a number and concactinate it in order to change the
correct optionbutton. But this does not work:

Sub MySub
dim i
i = 1
for i = 1 to 200
MyOB = "OptionButton" & trim(str(i))
MyOB.value = False 'or any of the other properties I need to change
next i
end

It does work when I use the actual optionbutton name instead of the
variable, i.e. OptionButton2.value = False
-JEFF-