Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
-JEFF-[_2_] -JEFF-[_2_] is offline

Default Variable as name of object does not work - Why?

I am using Excel 2000 9.0.6926 SP-3. When I run your code I get an error sub
or function not defined [OptinButtons( )]. Any ideas?
-JEFF-

"KL" wrote:

Hi JEFF,

Problem is you're trying to use the name of the optionbutton (a string) as
if it were the object (optionbutton) itself. Also, the functions CStr and
Trim aren't necessary here. Try this:

Sub MySub()
Dim i As Long
For i = 1 To 200
OptionButtons("OptionButton" & i).Value = False
Next i

KL

"-JEFF-" wrote in message
While trying to make changes to a large number of option buttons on a
sheet,
I want to increment a number and concactinate it in order to change the
correct optionbutton. But this does not work:

Sub MySub
dim i
i = 1
for i = 1 to 200
MyOB = "OptionButton" & trim(str(i))
MyOB.value = False 'or any of the other properties I need to change
next i
end

It does work when I use the actual optionbutton name instead of the
variable, i.e. OptionButton2.value = False
-JEFF-