Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Error 1004 when programming DataLabels.Position

"hturk" wrote in message
Thank You very much. I loaded the XY Chart Labeler Utility and I can now
see the labels that are associated with each chart. Is the utility
specific
to a single workbook or all workbooks that I open. The reason for the
question is that I create charts and pivot tables from an Access Database
through VBA automation code and I noticed that the Utility is not
available
when excel is opened from within Access.

Hi Harry,

The chart labeler will operate on any workbook open in the same instance
of Excel. You don't see it when you open Excel via automation because Excel
doesn't load any add-ins when opened that way. You can load the chart
labeler after you start Excel with:

xlApp.AddIns("XY Chart Labeler 6.24").Installed = True

Where xlApp is an object variable referencing the instance of the Excel
application you've started via automation.

There's no way to call the chart labeler from VBA in the current
version, so you'll have to run it manually from the Excel UI. The chart
labeler also only works on Excel charts. It can't label charts created using
MSGraph.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm