Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Luke Luke is offline

Default Referencing a com addin from a .net application via ole automa

Hi

"DM Unseen" wrote:
you have a .NET c# app that launces/connects to Excel through (OLE)
Automation, and now want to launch a comm addin as well through the
..NET app?

No, my addin is loaded when excel starts. What I'm trying to do is to cast a
COMAddIn object retrieved from Excel.Application.COMAddIns collection to my
add-in type for further use.

As an example, here's the code from my .net app:

object myComAddIn = comAddIn.GetType().InvokeMember("Object",
BindingFlags.Public | BindingFlags.GetProperty,
null, comAddIn, null);

myComAddIn.GetType().InvokeMember("Test",
BindingFlags.Public | BindingFlags.InvokeMethod,
null, myComAddIn, null);

The above code successfully invokes the Test() method of my COM AddIn. What
I'm trying to do next is to cast myComAddIn to my com add-in type, which
fails.

The reason is to be able to subscribe to add-in's custom events. Any ideas?

Luke