Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RAP RAP is offline

Default Activate ChartObjects on protected sheet??

Hello,
I am selecting various ChartObjects (stacked charts) on a worksheet and want
to protect the sheet. When I select the protection and run the macro that
selects the appropriate chart, I get the a code break at:
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart1").Activate

I have all cells on the sheet locked, with 3 exceptions: the 2 cells linked
to my dropdowns and one behind the sheets that I select after activating my
macro to hide the activecell. (I cannot get rid of the activecell border)
? Is there a way to lock/unlock or protect the charts in similar fashion?
My sheet protection selections are 1. Select unlocked cells and 2. Format
cells.

I would like to protect the page while allowing the macro to select the
charts as needed.
Thanks for any help and advice,
Randy