Hari

Hi Logicallystupid,

U can use conditional formatting feature (with formulas)

Select the rows and go to format - conditional formatting.
In the condition1 rather than "cell value is" choose "formula is"
In the adjacent window write the following as it is without the double
quotes "=MOD(ROW(),2) =0"
In the Format button choose light blue or whatever colors u want.
Hit Ok when done.

U can have up to 4 possible alternating colors by using a combination of
more conditions (use the Add feature) and modifying the above formula to
"=MOD(ROW(),3) =0" , "=MOD(ROW(),2) =1" and so on.

Search the excel Newsgroup for the last 10 or 11 month's post. One of the
regular posters offered some good variations on the above.
--
Thanks a lot,
Hari

"logicallystupid" wrote in
message ...
I'm making a listing of employees and various detals. For 'better'
readability, I've prepared a template of alteranting rows of white and

Light
blue and a bunch of headers and saved it as a template in the template
folder. Since the listing is an ongoing thing with regular updates, I find
the need to sort the entries alphabetically(Usually by name) My problem

is,
the alternating color arrangement gets all messed up when run the 'sort'
function. Is there a way I can keep the templates from getting messed up?
--
Bahahahah!