Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Counting selected option buttons in column?

Yes, but you can't record the changes.

sheet1.Textbox1.BackColor = rgb(255,0,0)

as an example.

Tom Ogilvy

"-JEFF-" wrote in message
Can I control the properties of these option buttons that are "from the
control toolbox toolbar" using VBA code? When I recorded a macro and

changed
properties of an option button, it did not show up in the macro code.
-JEFF-

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

You could format the font of the cell to be the same color as the
background.

You cold make the option button opaque and have it cover the cell

Tom Ogilvy

"-JEFF-" wrote in message
That works except it places the word "True" or "False" inside the cell

behind
the control. It's purely aesthetics, but is there a way to prevent

this?
-JEFF-

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Assuming option buttons from the control toolbox toolbar.
If you have the optionbuttons linked to cells, then just do a

countif on
the
cells for True.

Tom Ogilvy

"-JEFF-" wrote in message
My option buttons are grouped by row (one per cell) so only one of

five
can
be selected in each row. Now I need to know how many have been

selected
in
each of the five columns and totals stored in a cell. Will one of

you
VBA
gurus please help me count how many option buttons are selected in

each
column? Also, if there is a better method other than the option

button to
accomplish this, I'm all ears. I have been having the users put a

number
1
in the column and then auto sum the 1's at the bottom, (quite

easy),
however,
users keep screwing up and having more than one "1" in a row so

I'm
need a
better method of control.
-JEFF-