navneetjn

That did work. Amazing!!!
I just went to the worksheet "Detail" Column A and retyped the number
and voila it showed me the correct response.
Now the problem is why does it happen this way?
And since I copied the data from an Access database now I will have to
go and retype 1200 entries. Wow thats too much for a day!!! It just
defeated my original purpose of saving time.
Any way thanks a lot, if you figure out why excel 97 does that do let
me know.
;) Navneet ;)

Morrigan Wrote:
The formula does not seem wrong to me. #N/A means excel does not find
the match. Also check column A on both sheets and see if they are
entered differently in format.

One example is when someone entered the number with ' in front, ie.

'162955

Even you retype it as 162955 after, Excel still does not read it
properly somehow. At least that's what it is in Excel 97.

--
navneetjn
navneetjn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25330